I make a point to include some calming and relaxing music in every preschool music class. It’s so important for young children to learn how to draw themselves inward to relax and calm down after more energetic activities.
All of my preschool music classes end with a rocking song where we listen to some quiet music. Parents can rock their children or the children can rock their own stuffed animal. It’s a really sweet moment of class and the perfect way to end on a quieter note.
I find this moment of preschool music class to be so important because it is something that young children can replicate throughout their day, either at a rest time during the day or a bedtime.
Here are 10 of my favorite classical pieces to help preschoolers relax.
- Largo from Winter by Vivaldi
- Sheep May Safely Graze by Bach
- Andante from Horn Concerto No. 2 by Mozart
- Adagio from The Lark by Haydn
- Adagio Cantabile from Pathetique Sonata by Beethoven
- Adagio for Strings by Barber
- Lullaby by Brahms
- Traumerei by Schumann
- Nocturne Op. 9 No. 2 by Chopin
- Claire De Lune by Debussy