This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, you pay the normal price and I may earn a small commission.
Counting is a fantastic concept to incorporate into preschool music classes. Not only is counting an important developmental skill that preschoolers need to learn, it also helps them to begin to understand sequencing, timing and basic math skills.
All of these things are important for making future musicians and children will also carry these basic skills into most other areas of their lives.
Plus, it’s just fun to count and counting to music is even better!
Here are 10 fun counting songs to add to your preschool music playlist:
- Cuantos Tacos by Lucky Diaz And The Family Jam Band
- 1, 2 I Love You by Baby Genius
- 3 Blind Mice by Caspar Babypants
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 by Elizabeth Mitchell
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Once I Caught A Fish Alive by Various Artists
- Ants Go Marching by Various Artists
- Naming Numbers by Hap Palmer
- Numbers Lullaby by A.J. Jenkins (found on YouTube)
- 3 Little Birds by Elizabeth Mitchell
- Five Days Old by The Laurie Berkner Band
All of these songs except for the Numbers Lullaby can be found on Amazon Music.
Leave a comment and share your favorite preschool counting songs.