Kids are naturally drawn to flowers, dirt, bugs and plants, so gardens are such a fun theme to explore with them.
My preschool music lesson plan, In The Garden, is full of songs, music activities and stories featuring all of those appealing things about a garden and nature.
This lesson plan was designed for movement-based preschool music classes and the activities are easy to adapt for any kids ages 0-5. Each activity encourages kids to practice the most important developmental milestones that will set them up for success in future music lessons.
I prioritize keeping things simple with preschoolers. I don’t want to make teachers learn a bunch of complicated songs or lyrics so I strive to find music and activities that is simple, memorable and engaging. You find easy piggyback songs with relevant lyrics, fun music to add to your playlist, and suggestions of stories to accompany the gardening theme.
This lesson plan includes 10 songs and activities that can easily fill a 30-minute preschool music class. It’s designed to be flexible so that you can easily make changes to accommodate your own situation.
You can find the full lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- 5 easy sing-along songs featuring garden and nature themes
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- 4 diverse songs to add to your playlist that will appeal to young kids
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Click here to purchase the In The Garden lesson plan.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Hello Song: I’m In The Mood by Raffi
- Learn How To Teach Preschool Music
- Lesson Plan: Pete The Cat And His White Shoes
- Scamper by Hap Palmer
- Rain Rain Go Away Preschool Music Activity