I’m pretty sure kids never get tired of singing and retelling story of Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed.
If you’re looking for a preschool music lesson plan for Five Little Monkeys, find it in my TeachersPayTeachers store.
The Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed book by Eileen Christlow is perfect to bring into preschool music classes to help bring the story to life.
When I created the Five Little Monkeys lesson plan, it was so fun to pull together the different themes from this story – monkeys, jumping on the bed, the doctor.
This lesson plan has activities and songs to fill a 30 minute movement-based preschool music class. Each part of the class gives kids a chance to hone their skills in different developmental areas such as coordination, fine and gross motor skills, self-expression, creativity, cognitive skills and more.
As always with lesson plans, my goal is minimize work on your part. There detailed instructions for each activity and the songs are simple and quick to learn.
You can find the full lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- 8 cat, monkey, jumping and doctor-themed songs to accompany the Five Little Monkeys story
- 5 easy sing-a-long songs to teach your class
- Lyrics and sheet music for those 5 songs
- 3 songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Specific instructions on how to use these 8 songs with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class
Click here to get the full lesson plan for Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed.
Looking For Other Storybook-Inspired Preschool Music Lesson Plans?