Are you looking for ways to teach musical concepts, such as rhythm and melody, to young children?
All of my musical lesson plans teach basic musical ideas through simple songs, rhymes, and movement-based musical activities. But if you’re looking to focus on specific ideas, I have been developing a series of musical concept lesson plans. The first of these is my High and Low lesson plan.
This plan will help students:
- Internalize the musical range of pitch that they will learn more about in future piano or music lessons.
- Sing up and down a scale
- Practice listening for high and low sounds in music
- Have fun while learning these concepts!
So if you’re looking for enjoyable and interactive activities, High and Low Preschool Lesson Plan might be the perfect resource for you! My music lesson plans last for around 30 minutes but can be customized to meet your specific requirements and schedule.
What is in the lesson plan?
- A list of simple materials (most of which you probably already have)
- A selection of songs to add to your playlist
- Detailed instructions for carrying out ten dynamic activities
- Storybook recommendations that tie into the theme of the lesson
- Sheet music with lyrics, notations, and chord symbols
- Printables for one of the activities
Read about my other concept-focused music lesson plans: