“Corduroy” by Don Freeman is a beloved children’s story about a teddy bear seeking a home and friendship. The charming illustrations and simple language make it easy for young children to understand and engage with the story.
If you’re looking for interactive musical activities for your students to accompany this classic, look no further!
Find the “Corduroy” Storybook Music Lesson Plan on my Teachers PayTeachers store.
This lesson plan was designed for a movement-based preschool music class. There are enough activities and songs (10 total) to last approximately 30 minutes. All of the activities encourage kids to develop in areas such as coordination, literacy, cognitive skills, creativity and more.
I have a knack for keeping lesson plans super simple, so I love sharing lesson plans that won’t require a lot of work on your part. I use a lot of piggyback songs with memorable tunes and easy lyrics so that you won’t have to learn a bunch of new songs in order to teach your class.
You can find the full lesson plan for Corduroy in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- Songs, rhymes, and activities using themes from the book
- Songs and chants with printable sheet music or lyric pages
- Fun and relevant songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Specific instructions on how to lead these 10 activities with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class
Click here to get the complete lesson plan for Corduroy.
Looking for other Storybook-Inspired preschool music lesson plans?