Colors are such an important part of a young child’s development. Learning about colors enhances a child’s creativity and imagination, as well as increases their vocabulary and expression. Music is a wonderful tool for teaching about colors, and I frequently incorporate color-themed songs into my lesson plans. My Color Music Lesson Plan is one of my best sellers.
For educators who might want to spend more time exploring one color, we are developing individual color-themed lesson plans. This fun, interactive music-based lesson plan focuses specifically on the color red. Perfect for preschool students and easy to implement, this lesson plan is sure to be a big hit!
Find the Color Red Lesson Plan in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
This lesson plan was designed for a movement-based preschool music class. There are enough activities and songs (10 total) to last approximately 30 minutes. All of the activities encourage kids to develop in areas such as coordination, literacy, cognitive skills, creativity and more.
I have a knack for keeping lesson plans super simple, so I love sharing lesson plans that won’t require a lot of work on your part. I use a lot of piggyback songs with memorable tunes and easy lyrics so that you won’t have to learn a bunch of new songs in order to teach your class.
You can find the full red-themed lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- Songs, rhymes, and activities all with a red theme
- Songs and chants with printable sheet music or lyric pages
- Fun and relevant songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Red-themed book recommendations
- Specific instructions on how to lead these 10 activities with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class