What preschooler doesn’t love food!
Food-themed songs and activities for preschoolers are plentiful and so relatable for preschoolers. It’s a really fun topic to explore with them.
I designed this lesson plan for a movement-based preschool music class. There are 10 activities and you can move through them quickly with preschoolers to keep their attention for a 30-minute music class. The activities in this lesson plan are intended to help them work on important developmental skills so that they can reach all of their movement-related milestones. This will set them up for success in future music lesson.
I make a point to keep my lesson plans super simple so that they are easy to follow and easy to implement. You can always adapt them or supplement with your own ideas to suit your specific situation. With this lesson plan you’ll get several easy sing-along songs with sheet music to teach your class, a playlist of songs to move and play music with, a list of stories to go along with the food theme and plenty of detailed instructions about how to carry out each activity.
You can find the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 5 easy sing-along songs featuring the food theme
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- 4 fun songs to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- A list of food-themed stories to read to your class
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Six Hello Songs For Preschoolers
- 10 Lesson Plans Featuring Your Favorite Children’s Books
- Themes To Use In Preschool Music Classes
- Monkey See, Monkey Do: A Copy Cat Song
- The Rocking Song