With so many Patriotic holidays sprinkled throughout the year, it’s nice to have some go-to patriotic music activities for preschoolers.
This preschool music lesson plan is great for weeks leading up to Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Veteran’s Day. But, of course, you could use these songs and activities any time.
This lesson plan was designed for group, movement-based preschool music classes. It features several familiar patriotic songs and includes some easy sing-along songs to sing with your class. The activities are designed to get kids moving so that they can coordinate their little bodies and develop their motor skills. This sets them up for success in future music lessons and activities.
I aim to keep my lessons plans super simple so that teachers with any amount of music background can confidently lead a class. The lesson plan can easily be adapted if you want to add some of your own activities or leave something out.
You can buy the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 4 easy sing-along songs featuring the patriotic theme
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 4 songs
- 3 fun patriotic songs to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other articles you may enjoy:
- Six Hello Songs For Preschoolers
- Four Goodbye Songs For Preschoolers
- Ten Counting Songs For Preschoolers
- Concept-Based Learning In Preschool Music Classes
- Five Story Books To Introduce Preschoolers To Foreign Languages