The sun is a source of joy for kids. Not only does it supply light for outdoor activities like recess, playing sports, and going to the park, but it’s also synonymous with summer vacation! Pre-k and kindergarten teachers, if you’re searching for music resources that celebrate the sun and the magic of sunny days, look no further. This music lesson plan will get your kids up and moving around the sun!
While I often use this for my summertime preschool music classes, this lesson can be used year-round.
Find the “Sunshine” Music Lesson Plan on my Teachers PayTeachers store.
This lesson plan was designed for a movement-based preschool music class. There are enough activities and songs (10 total) to last approximately 30 minutes. All of the activities encourage kids to develop in areas such as coordination, literacy, cognitive skills, creativity and more.
I have a knack for keeping lesson plans super simple, so I love sharing lesson plans that won’t require a lot of work on your part. I use a lot of piggyback songs with memorable tunes and easy lyrics so that you won’t have to learn a bunch of new songs in order to teach your class.
You can find the full lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- Songs, rhymes, and activities using themes from the book
- Songs and chants with printable sheet music or lyric pages
- Fun and relevant songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Specific instructions on how to lead these 10 activities with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class
Click here to get the complete Sunshine-themed lesson plan.
Looking for other seasonal preschool music lesson plans?