Preschoolers can’t get enough of planes, trains, cars, boats and really anything that moves. Any kind of vehicle is a perfect music class topic because it inspires kids to move and use their imaginations.
Since I’ve created and led so many transportation-themed lesson activities over years, I’ve compiled all of my favorite songs and activities into one fun and active preschool music lesson plan.
This lesson plan was designed for a movement-based preschool music class where young children have plenty of chances to work on developmental and coordination skills. This is crucial for setting them up for success in future music lessons.
It’s always my goal to keep things super simple in my preschool music classes. You’ll find that this lesson plan is easy to follow, requires minimal supplies and can easily be rearranged to suit your own preschool class situation. Most of the songs used in this lesson plan are familiar songs or piggyback songs of familiar tunes you already know. There is a short list of songs to add to your playlist that you can find on your favorite music streaming platform.
You can find the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 5 easy sing-along songs featuring the transportation theme
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- 4 fun songs to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- A list of transportation-themed stories to read to your class
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Lesson Plans Featuring Your Favorite Children’s Stories
- Six Hello Songs For Preschoolers
- Four Goodbye Songs For Preschoolers
- How To Make Your Own Musical Sandblocks
- An Easy Way To Build Your Own Preschool Music Lesson Plans