(This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, you will pay the normal price and I will earn a small commission.)
We’re Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen is such a fun and exciting story to share with kids!
If you’re looking for a preschool music lesson plan for We’re Going On A Bear Hunt, find one in my TeachersPayTeachers store.
Kids absolutely love the sights, the sounds and the actions that go along with this story. All of these things make We’re Going On A Bear Hunt a perfect book for a preschool music class.
Have you ever seen this video of the author, Michael Rosen, performing the story? His inflections and actions are great! If you feel like your Bear Hunt storytelling skills are getting stale, this video will definitely inspire you to bring more life to the story.
There is so much to work with in this story, it was hard to pare down all of the fun songs and activities into a single lesson plan. When creating this lesson plan, I focused on including songs about the bear and all of the elements of nature that the family came across on their journey.
You can find the full lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are some highlights:
- 9 songs and activities that encompass many parts of We’re Going On A Bear Hunt
- 5 easy sing-a-long songs to teach your class
- Lyrics and sheet music for those 5 songs
- 4 fun songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Specific instructions on how to use these 9 songs with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class
This is enough material for a fun and engaging 30-minute preschool music class that kids will love! In additional to musical concepts learned through the songs, We’re Going On A Bear Hunt is a perfect story to use to help kids practice sequencing and storytelling skills.
Looking For More Story-Inspired Lesson Plans?
- Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
- Pete The Cat by Eric Litwin and James Dean
- Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh
- Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney