I love exploring numbers and counting with kids. When I first taught this lesson plan to my preschool music class, my son was 2 and he really took off with counting because of it. And now, as a 5-year old, he is all about numbers, all the time!
There are so many great songs and activities featuring numbers and counting.
This lesson plan was created for a movement-based preschool music class. The activities are tons of fun and move quickly. They focus on moving to music to give kids plenty of practice developing skills like coordination and motor skills. These types of activities are the most age appropriate ways for preschoolers to learn music and it sets them up for success in future music or piano lessons.
I strive to keep my preschool music classes super simple, so you’ll find that this lesson plan is easy to use and easy to follow. I like to use sing-along songs that are piggyback songs of familiar tunes. I include a list of simple stories to go along with the theme, as well as a list of pre-recorded songs to add to your playlist. There are detailed instructions for how to carry out all of the activities in the lesson plan.
You can find the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 5 easy sing-along songs featuring number and counting themes
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- 4 fun songs to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- A list of number-themed stories to read to your class
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Looking For More Lesson Plans?