Time is such a fun theme to introduce to preschoolers because it’s so magical to enter their world and understand how they experience the passing of time.
In my time-themed lesson plan, we explore all kinds of topics that mark the passing of time: clocks, days of the week, months of the year, seasons and more.
As with all of my lesson plans, this lesson plan was designed for movement-based preschool music classes. The emphasis is on getting kids to move to music so that they have many opportunities to develop and improve skills like coordination and fine and gross motor skills. These are things that will set kids up for success in future piano or music lesson.
It’s really important for me to keep things simple with preschoolers, so this lesson plan is really easy for teachers to use and follow as well. I use a lot of piggy back songs so that you won’t have to learn tons of new music in order to teach your class. The activities are flexible so that you can easily adapt them to your unique situation.
This time-themed lesson plan includes 10 songs and activities with clear instructions about how to carry them out with your class. It’s enough material to fill a 30-minute preschool music class.
You can find the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 5 easy sing-along songs featuring time themes
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- 5 fun songs to add to your playlist that will appeal to young kids
- A list of time-themed story suggestions
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly