Animals are one of my very favorite themes to use in preschool music class. Animal-related activities never disappoint the preschool crowd and there are endless possibilities!
I’ve collected so many wonderful animal songs and preschool music activities over the years, so I compiled all the best into my no-prep, animal-themed lesson plan.
This lesson plan was designed for movement-based preschool music classes. All of the activities support and encourage large, full-body movements in children to help them develop important skills such as gross motor skills and coordination. As they hone in on these skills, finer motor skills will start to fall into place. This sets kids up for success in future music lessons.
I make a point to keep my preschool music lesson plans super simple so that any teacher can follow them, even if you don’t have a lot of music knowledge. You can also easily rearrange the plan or substitute your own activities and ideas as needed. Many of the songs are piggyback songs so that you don’t have to learn tons of new music in order to teach the class. There is sheet music to follow for sing-along songs and the plan shows you exactly which pre-recorded songs you’ll need to add to your playlist. These are all songs that are easy to find on Amazon Music, Spotify or your favorite music streaming platform.
You can find the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 5 easy sing-along songs featuring the animal theme
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- 4 fun songs to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- A list of animal-themed stories to read to your class
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Six Hello Songs For Preschool Music Class
- Four Goodbye Songs For Preschool Music Class
- Why Preschoolers Thrive With Movement-Based Music Classes
- Why Repetition Is So Important For Preschoolers
- Themes To Use In Preschool Music Classes