There are so many great themes and symbols of Fall to use in your preschool music classes. Over the years, I have developed many Fall music lesson plans with various themes: pumpkins, Halloween, monsters, and apples, just to name a few. My Fall lesson plan combines many of the best Fall-themed songs into one.
Click here to purchase the Fall-themed lesson plan for preschool music classes.
This lesson plan was designed for movement-based preschool music classes. All of the activities support and encourage large, full-body movements in children to help them develop important skills such as gross motor skills and coordination. As they hone in on these skills, finer motor skills will start to fall into place. This sets kids up for success in future music lessons.
I make a point to keep my preschool music lesson plans super simple so that any teacher can follow them, even if you don’t have a lot of music knowledge. You can also easily rearrange the plan or substitute your own activities and ideas as needed. Many of the songs are piggyback songs so that you don’t have to learn tons of new music in order to teach the class. There is sheet music to follow for sing-along songs and the plan shows you exactly which pre-recorded songs you’ll need to add to your playlist. These are all songs that are easy to find on Amazon Music, Spotify or your favorite music streaming platform.
You can find the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- Easy sing-along songs featuring the animal theme
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 5 songs
- Fun songs to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- A list of Fall-themed stories to read to your class
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Click here to purchase the Fall-themed lesson plan.
Other Articles You May Enjoy:
- Back to School Music Lesson Plan
- Pumpkin Music Lesson Plan
- Six Hello Songs For Preschool Music Class
- Four Goodbye Songs For Preschool Music Class
- Why Repetition Is So Important For Preschoolers
- Themes To Use In Preschool Music Classes