(This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, you will pay the normal price and I will earn a small commission.)
When my kids and I discovered Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh a couple of years ago, I knew it was going to be a winner in my preschool music classes.
If you’re looking for a preschool music lesson plan for Mouse Paint, find it in my TeachersPayTeachers store.
Not only does this book feature an adorable, sneaky cat and mouse theme, it also teaches kids about colors and what happens when you mix primary colors together.
There are so many fun color and rainbow songs to work with. And, cat and mice songs are also plentiful. It was hard to narrow down which songs to include in this Mouse Paint lesson plan. All of the music for this is class is just so fun!
You can find the full Mouse Paint lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- 10 cat, mouse and color songs to accompany the Mouse Paint story
- 5 easy sing-a-long songs to teach your class
- Lyrics and sheet music for those 5 songs
- 5 songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Specific instructions on how to use these 10 songs with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class
As with all of my lesson plans, I make a point to alternate between higher and lower energy songs to keep your class interesting and stimulating.
You can get the full Mouse Paint lesson plan here.
Looking for more story-inspired lesson plans?