President’s Day is perhaps best known for giving us a three-day weekend in February, but is it worth covering in your preschool music class? Are there good musical resources to teach about the presidents in an age-appropriate way? Thankfully, the answer to both questions is yes!
This no-prep lesson plan was designed for PreK and Kindergarten-aged kids, but lower elementary kids love these activities too!
This lesson plan was designed for group, movement-based preschool music classes.
My goal is to make music lesson plans that are simple so that teachers with any amount of music background can lead a class with confidence. The lessons are easy to adapt to your own needs and situation.
You can buy the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- Easy sing-along songs that teach about the presidents
- Sheet music and lyrics for those songs
- Fun music to add to your playlist that will appeal to young kids
- A list of age-appropriate storybook recommendations about the presidents
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Printables for an activity involving identifying the presidents on coins
Other articles you may enjoy: