If you’re on the hunt for Spring-themed musical resources for preschoolers, we’ve got you covered. Our no-prep, movement-based lesson plan features ten exciting musical activities centered around the beloved children’s classic “Beehive” by Jorey Hurley. Designed primarily for PreK and Kindergarten-aged children, lower elementary students can also participate and enjoy. Get the children excited for Spring with this dynamic music lesson plan.
Find the “Beehive” Storybook Music Lesson Plan on my TeachersPayTeachers store.
This lesson plan was designed for a movement-based preschool music class. There are enough activities and songs to last approximately 30 minutes. All of the activities encourage kids to develop in areas such as coordination, literacy, cognitive skills, creativity and more.
I have a knack for keeping lesson plans super simple, so I love sharing lesson plans that won’t require a lot of work on your part. The activities are simple, but well thought-out. I use a lot of piggyback songs with memorable tunes and easy lyrics so that you won’t have to learn a bunch of new songs in order to teach your class.
You can find the full lesson plan for Beehive in my TeachersPayTeachers store, but here are the highlights:
- 9 songs, rhymes and activities using themes from Beehive by Jorey Hurley
- Songs and chants with printable sheet music or lyric pages
- Fun bee-themed songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Specific instructions on how to lead these 10 activities with kids ages 0-5
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class
Click here to get the complete lesson plan for Beehive.
Looking for other Storybook-Inspired preschool music lesson plans?