I don’t know about you, but I am so excited for the summer! I can’t wait to get out my flip flops, cut up that watermelon, and head to the splash pad. I’d wager that our students are even more excited for summer than we are! This preschool music lesson plan is great way for teachers to ring in the summer with engaging music activities.
Summer can be such a magical time for children. If you are a preschool music teacher about to finish up for the year, this music lesson plan will hype your students for the summer. Or if you are about to begin a summer learning program and are looking for seasonal appropriate summer activities, this preschool lesson plan is bound to be a big hit in your classroom.
This lesson plan was designed for group, movement-based preschool music classes. It includes some easy sing-along songs to lead your class with and and a suggested playlist. There are also recommendations for Summer-themed children’s books. The activities are designed to get kids moving so that they can coordinate their little bodies and develop their motor skills. This sets them up for success in future music lessons and activities.
My goal is to make music lesson plans that are simple so that teachers with any amount of music background can lead a class with confidence. The lessons are easy to adapt for your own needs and situation.
You can buy the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 6 easy sing-along songs featuring an summertime theme.
- Sheet music and/or lyrics for those songs
- 3 fun summer-themed tunes to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other articles you may enjoy:
- Animal Theme Music Lesson Plan
- Lesson Plan: The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli
- Patriotic Preschool Music Lesson Plan
- Motor Skill Development in Preschool Music Classes