Click here to purchase the lesson plan.
This lesson plan was designed for movement-based preschool music classes to give kids a chance to practice all of the important developmental milestones that they are learning in their preschool years. It’s a fun way for them to get curious and interested in music and will set them up for success in future music lessons.
My goal when creating lesson plans is to keep things as simple as possible. I love using piggyback songs because I find that it can be stressful to have to learn a lot of new, complex music before each class.
The Birthday theme lesson plan includes 10 activities that can easily fill a 30-minute preschool music class. It’s designed to be flexible so you can easily rearrange activities or substitute your own ideas as needed.
You can get the full lesson plan in my TeachersPayTeacher store, but here are the highlights:
- Easy sing-along songs and action songs with a Western theme
- Sheet music and lyrics for those songs
- Songs to add to your playlist that will appeal to young kids
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Storybook recommendations – with a Western and cowboy/cowgirl theme
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly