Colors play such an important part in a young child’s growth. Exploring colors boosts creativity, improves imagination, and enhances vocabulary and expression. Music is an excellent way to teach children about colors, and it’s super easy to incorporate color-themed songs into music lesson plans. My Color Music Lesson Plan is one of my top sellers.
For educators who want to delve further into colors, we are creating individual color-themed lesson plans that can be purchased individually or as part of a bundle. Perfect for preschoolers, these lesson plans are easy to implement and will surely be a big hit!
Find the Exploring the Colors Lesson Plan Bundle (and individual lessons) in my Teachers Pay Teachers store.
These lesson plans were designed for a movement-based preschool music class. There are enough activities and songs (10 total) to last approximately 30 minutes. All of the activities encourage kids to develop in areas such as coordination, literacy, cognitive skills, creativity and more.
I have a knack for keeping lesson plans super simple, so I love sharing lesson plans that won’t require a lot of work on your part. I use a lot of piggyback songs with memorable tunes and easy lyrics so that you won’t have to learn a bunch of new songs in order to teach your class.
You can find my color-themed lesson plans in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here is what you can expect to find in each lesson plan:
- Songs, rhymes, and activities all with a specific color theme
- Specific instructions on how to lead these 10 activities with kids ages 0-5
- Songs and chants with printable sheet music or lyric pages
- Fun and relevant songs to add to your preschool music playlist
- Color-themed book recommendations
- Activities are ordered perfectly to keep kids engaged and interested throughout a 30-minute class