St. Patrick’s day is right around the corner! It doesn’t matter if your of Irish decent or not, this fun holiday is inclusive of everyone! Celebrate the day with charm by incorporating some engaging music activities for preschoolers.
This preschool music lesson plan is great way to celebrate St. Patricks day, but you could also use many of the activities for an Ireland themed lesson any time of the year.
This lesson plan was designed for group, movement-based preschool music classes. It features several traditional Irish songs and includes some easy sing-along songs to lead your class with. There are also recommendations for short St. Patrick’s day themed children’s books. The activities are designed to get kids moving so that they can coordinate their little bodies and develop their motor skills. This sets them up for success in future music lessons and activities.
My goal is to make music lesson plans that are simple so that teachers with any amount of music background can lead a class with confidence. The lessons are easy to adapt for your own needs and situation.
You can buy the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 4 easy sing-along songs featuring an Ireland/St. Patrick’s Day theme.
- Sheet music and lyrics for those 4 songs
- 3 fun traditional Irish tunes to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other articles you may enjoy:
- Five Story Books To Introduce Preschoolers To Foreign Languages
- 6 Hello Songs for Preschool Music Classes
- 4 Goodbye Songs for Preschool Music Classes
- Patriotic Preschool Music Lesson Plan
- Motor Skill Development in Preschool Music Classes