If you’re looking for Spring-themed musical resources for preschoolers, we have a no-prep lesson plan that you can easily implement in your classroom.
A few days ago, we went outside and were delighted with some daffodils growing in our front yard.
My kids promptly moved their faerie gardens to the flowers. They are so excited for Spring!
If you are a preschool music teacher, you might be looking for resources to welcome Springtime with your students.
This preschool music lesson plan is a great way for music teachers to celebrate Springtime with engaging music activities. It was designed for PreK and Kindergarten-aged kids, but lower elementary kids love these activities too! This lesson plan can be used during the Spring season itself, or the weeks leading up to Spring.
This lesson plan was designed for group, movement-based preschool music classes. It features a playlist of dynamic Spring-themed music and includes some easy sing-along songs to lead your class with. There are also recommendations for short children’s books with a Springtime theme. The activities are designed to get kids moving so that they can coordinate their little bodies and develop their motor skills. This sets them up for success in future music lessons and activities.
My goal is to make music lesson plans that are simple so that teachers with any amount of music background can lead a class with confidence. The lessons are easy to adapt for your own needs and situation.
You can buy the full lesson plan on Teachers Pay Teachers, but here are the highlights:
- 6 easy sing-along songs featuring an Springtime theme.
- Sheet music and/or lyrics for those songs
- 3 fun Spring-themed tunes to add to your playlist that appeal to young kids
- Specific instructions on how to use all of the songs and activities with kids ages 0-5
- Carefully ordered activities to keep your students engaged and to help your class flow smoothly
Other articles you may enjoy:
- Summertime Music Lesson Plan
- Lesson Plan: The Watermelon Seed by Greg Pizzoli
- Patriotic Preschool Music Lesson Plan
- Motor Skill Development in Preschool Music Classes